jquery

Saturday 6 August 2011

Football League Full Kick Off Today 2011/2012

I must confess that I was a little disappointed in the Hull City display last night. They had plenty of chances but never really looked like they would score. Its clear that the wows of 23 goals in 21 home games last season could again scupper any promotion bid. As for Blackpool I was pleased to see Ollie (Holloway) get his troops off to a good start, here is a manager full of passion and belief and plays football the right way. I feel they are a couple of players short of a promotion team in my view but with the skills of the management they could overcome that difficulty.

Today I will be placing my bet based on statistics, a few weeks ago I wrote a blog showing the trend for draws in league 2 for relegated teams. So today I will be following that trend and placing a Yankee on all 4 games ending in a draw.

For anyone not sure what a Yankee is I shall give a quick explanation.
A Yankee is made up of 11 bets, so a £1 yankee will cost you £11.

It involves betting on the different combination of games to form doubles, trebles and a 4 timer. The theory is that should one game go south you can still collect on the other 3 games should they deliver.

So
Double bets = 6 bets
Treble bets = 4 bets
4 Timer = 1

In the case of my games if all 4 games win I will collect £339
If I felt that the 4 games would win and I didn't need to split my money on multiple bets i could place £11 on the win. In this case it will return £1363.

As you can see there is a massive difference in the returns, however if I predict 1 game wrong I can still get a smaller return from my Yankee bet but the single £11 bet is dead in the water.

I will also have a bet on Reading to start off with a win at home

AFC Wimbledon V Bristol Rovers (23/10)
Swindon V Crewe (12/5)
Macclesfield Town V Dagenham and Redbridge (9/4 Bluesq)
Shrewsbury V Plymouth Argyle (12/5)

All games to Draw

Reading To Beat Millwall (5/6 Bluesq)

No comments:

Post a Comment