jquery

Thursday 4 August 2011

Stoke Vs Hajduk Split The Return

Tonight sees the second leg of the Europa Qualifiers, with Stoke traveling to Hajduk Split. Stoke won the first leg by a single goal scored in the 3rd minute and I collected a modest win. I expect Tony Pulis to send out a defensive setup tonight in order to get through to the next round as that is worth a lot of money to Stoke.

I have checked last seasons away form and Stoke only managed 1 0-0 all season, they didn't have any at home. Fulham have made a habit of drawing 0-0 away from home in the cup this season so I have a sneaky feeling that we may be due a 0-0 in Split. As I am up 10pts at the moment (10 being my standard bet) I'm going to split the bet with 5pts on 0-0 at 7/1 with bluesq - its also 0-0 with Bet365 but only 4/1 on Betfair which is interesting in its own way! The other 5pts will go on Stoke to win at 11/8, my theory here is that should Split push on to look for the goal they need they are open to a counter attack and a late winner for Stoke which would effectively end the tie, indeed any goal at any time for Stoke should end the contest. I don't normally go for correct score betting but feel 7/1 is a reasonable price.

1 comment:

  1. And that's why we cover our bets where we can! Stoke have qualified for the next round of the Europa League after winning in Split 0-1. The goal came with the last kick of the game in the 93rd minute. So up until then I was looking to collect on the 7/1 0-0 however have to settled for 11/8 on the Stoke win. We must say a win is a win so we shouldn't be too down hearted and its nice to see that I read this game and was able to find the winning bet.

    ReplyDelete